Friday, December 25, 2009

I'M BACK!!!!

As you can see from the title, I'm back from Malaysia!!!

I did lots of shopping and bought two Disney movies, Oliver and Company as well as Aristocats. I always wanted to watch the former since young, while the latter bring back fond childhood memories. I also bought a Beauty and the Beast special edition soundtrack CD. Really childish, but I am still young at heart so it's okay!

In Genting, it was sooooooo cold. It was so cold till the point when we spoke, our breathe turned to mist. It looked like we were puffing out smoke from our mouths. The lowest temperature we recorded there was 13 degrees Celsius, but it was probably not the coldest temperature we experienced there. The hotel room we booked was pitifully small, and it was a horrible squeeze. The hotel in Malacca was much better, and there were more channels available for the television too.

Also, I ate loads of good food,especially during the Christmas Eve hotel buffet in Malacca which was really expensive. I drank shark fin soup, (it's cruel, I know. But I can't let the shark die in vain right? So waste not, want not!) and even ate a raw oyster!!! It was cold and slimy, but otherwise, it was pretty good. I ate mostly desserts at the buffet along with my sisters. You could say that dessert was the main course for us. There was a candle on the table, and strangely, ours seemed to burn much more fiercely than any other table. The wax was soon dripping down and the candle was getting really short, so a waiter replaced the candle. However, the same thing happened to the next candle, and in the end, the waiter removed the replacement candle and we were left in a candle-less state. We all got a party pack which contained noise-makers and a paper mask but unfortunately, such things hold no appeal for my sisters and I, so we are probably going to give them away to the neighbours' kid.

Anyway, it's getting late, so I shall stop blogging now.

No comments: