Thursday, October 23, 2008

Results...

I had a horrible dream last night.

I dreamt that I got my results, and my overall percentage was only 65%. Furthermore, I also dreamt that I got into triple science plus elective history which although is listed as my second choice, is no great love of mine as I absolutely loathe history (my true love is geography). It was a horrible nightmare as we were going to get our results today. However, my fears are unfounded as when I got my report book, I realized that I had scored reasonably well as my overall percentage was 71%. Hooray!!! Now, perhaps I would get my wish and study geography next year.

Today, two of my teachers gave as snacks as rewards. Unfortunately for me, the teachers gave lots of chocolates, and due to the fact that I had a sore throat, I was unable to enjoy them (for the present at least. My throat is much better now). As school ended earlier today, I went to Parkway along with Zhi Qi as we both wanted to look for books. We first went to Popular, and as I salivate at the books (mainly Inkdeath and Brisingr. I couldn't buy them as I only had two dollars with me as I wasn't intending to go out), Zhi Qi bought Twilight and New Moon. We tried looking for Eclipse for a while, and when our efforts were proved to be futile, we left our lunch. We went to McDonald's first as I could pay for my food with my EZ-link card, however, when we set foot into it, I remembered that I had a sore throat and was not allowed to eat heaty food. Hence, we left and went to the food court instead. I borrowed two dollars from Zhi Qi and bought a bowl pork porridge. As she was not hungry, Zhi Qi didn't eat anything. I took a long time to eat my porridge (I still burnt my tongue though, despite all my efforts) and when I was done, we went to Borders together. As Zhi Qi wandered around looking for Eclipse, I oogled at the inflated prices of the books and salivate at Brisingr again (strange enough, it was cheaper than compared to Popular by two dollars). I did not bother to salivate at Inkdeath as its price was more expensive than at Popular by $9-$10 (what a rip-off!). After walking around and oogling at the books I could never afford and tinkering with the computer with Zhi Qi, we left and went home. To my surprise, it was only around twelve. I debated against waiting for my younger sister and going home together, but seeing as I had half-an-hour to kill before she is going to be released from school, I went home first.

In all, it was a good day despite the fact that I had not bought any books. But still, the holidays are here and I can buy more books and not to mention, play all day!!!!

No comments: