Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Water leaking from the ceiling...

it is the holidays, and I have nothing to do besides homework. I left 80% of my homework undone, and I have to start working on them soon. However, I can't get in to the "do homework mood" right now so I shall blog instead.

When I was doing the week 8 journal on the small boy begging on the streets, I realized halfway through writing that my journal was being to sound like the story "The Little Match Girl". Feeling pissed off, I stopped writing, and when my cousin, Mei Xin, came over in the morning, I asked her to think of a suitable ending for my journal. She promptly replied that I should write about a stampede happening suddenly, causing the boy to be trampled to death. When I rejected that idea, she said that I should copy the story of "The Little Match Girl". When I rejected that idea too, we ended up brainstorming various bloody and gruesome deaths for the small boy. Although time was wasted, it was great fun talking rubbish and crap with my cousin.

And I forgot to mention that the heater in my house has sprung a leak, thus there will be no more hot baths for a while. I noticed that it was leaking yesterday when I was in the toilet. The toilet was wet, and thinking that my sisters were playing with water before I went in, I took no notice of it. At first, when a few drops of water fell on to me, I merely thought that my sisters had sprayed water on the ceiling too and the water were now dripping onto me. But when I noticed a small trickle of water flowing down the wall continuously, I looked up and realized that the water was coming from the ceiling (it is a "fake" ceiling and don't ask me to explain as I don't know how to). I thought I was going dotty and seeing things as water definitely do not come from there, so I went and told my elder sister. My father overheard me telling my sister that the water was coming from the ceiling and he went to check it out. After my father stuck his head through the hole in the fake ceiling, he found out that there was a leak and we evacuated the various knick-knacks that were stored in that hidey hole up in the ceiling.

In all, it was kind of fun yesterday despite not having any hot water to bath with for the next few days/weeks. Furthermore, I found out about the "loot" hidden in the ceiling. Due to the amount of homework left, I shall stop blogging now and trying to get some work done.

No comments: