Gross! Gross! Gross!!! Ewwwww... I had washed my feet two times with Dettol and I still feel that my left foot is unclean. I shall now relate my tale, which had freaked me out greatly, to you...
I was using the computer, and after playing Pet Society in Facebook, I had decided not to go blogging as there was nothing interesting to blog about. As I had a sore throat, I went to the kitchen to refill my water bottle as the water level was dangerously low. So, like the many previous trips, I went to the kitchen and refilled my bottle without incident. As I was stepping out of the kitchen (I recall I was half in and half out of the door way), I brought my left foot down on something...
Something that went...
"CRACK..."
I froze immediately, and fearing for the worse (I thought I had stepped on a cockroach. There is nothing else that scares me more than cockroaches except for the Dark, ghosts that probably only exist in my imagination and so on and so forth...), I lifted up my foot and steeled myself to look down.
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
I released a loud and somewhat hoarse shriek (due to my sore throat) when I realized what I had stepped on. An unmoving baby lizard was on the floor, by the doorway of the kitchen. I was pretty sure I had squashed the unfortunate lizard flat on the marble floor by stomping on it unintentionally with my big feet, but as the lighting was dim, I could not see properly and was not really sure about that. Hence, I remained rooted to the spot, and like the dummy I was, I was squawking out loudly "Gross,gross, gross!!!" over and over again like a spoilt tape recorder. Then, to my astonishment, the lizard crawled away. My sisters went out of their rooms to see what was the commotion about, and when they found out, they started laughing like crazy. My younger sister, Putty (that's her nickname, don't ask me why), went to pry my father out of his room where he was watching telly to make him catch the lizard. My father was very amused and when he tried to catch the lizard, it almost ran into the room of my elder sister. I was so freaked out that I screamed. Very loudly. For some weird reason, I thought that the lizard was going to run towards me.
When my father caught the lizard, I wanted to ask him was the lizard strange looking in any way such as whether did it had an oddly-shaped head or was it kind of flat-looking compared to other lizards. However, ignorance is bliss, and I decided that I didn't really want to know and frankly, I don't really care about whether did I disfigure the lizard for life or something. I went to the toilet and washed my feet two times with anti-bacteria wash before returning to the computer. I shall be traumatized for life now. Why do all the experiences that freaks me out got to do with lizards? There was once when I was in primary1 or 2, the boys threw a half rotten lizard on to my seat. I got so scared till I cried (just a few tears leaked out, I didn't start to bawl loudly). I am glad to say that at the sight of my tears, the boys got so panicky and frightened, so they immediately cleared the lizard away. They even cleaned my chair. How nice of them one may say, but if they weren't so playful and started to play with decomposing lizards, none of that would have happened.
In all, my sore throat is worse, my sisters are sniggering at me, and I am labelled as a girly-girl by my family due to my shrieking. Not exactly a good day for me I suppose. And now, my computer time is up, so I shall stop blogging now.
Friday, May 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment