Hooray! The exams are finally over!!! No more studying and less stress for me now!!! Yipee! I can now read all the books I want, watch all the movies that interest me and play computer games without feeling guilty!!! Haha... Feeling extremely happy today. I would be even happier if the bio paper today wasn't so hard. I died at the MCQs... But still, it's over and I can't do a thing about it anymore. So, I shall forget everything that have got to do with exams, and concentrate on relaxing instead... I anticipate, yet dread next week, because I will get to find out how well or badly I have done for my exams. I shall not expect too much because I didn't really work hard. I mean I did work hard, but I could do better. Ah well... But I am pretty certain that I did not do too badly. At most I shall fail physics and A math but I was already weak in them in the first place.
My cousin, Chang Fang, just supplied me with maybe twenty-nine or thirty books. I can't wait to sink my teeth into them. But they are kind of stinky and old. No, I do not mind old books, but I am scared that while reading, I may find some sort of "surprise" in them (silver fish, bits of food, unknown pieces of odd looking stuff etc.). As I like to read books lying on my bed, I shudder to think of those free gifts landing on my pillow or coming into contact with my hands. However, the few books that I had already read are relatively surprise-free, so I shall hope that the same goes for the rest. Another bad thing about old books are that it is just too hard to find their sequel. For instance, I had read an extremely good book that I liked, but then it was in a series and I was only in possession of the first book. Thinking that perhaps I could go buy the sequels, I flipped to the front of the book and realized that the book was published in around 1989. Grrrrr.... So the chances of me being able to find the sequels are like next to nothing. Heck, it is almost impossible for me to find a book published in 2003 (or 2004, I can't remember). Perhaps I can buy it online on sites like eBay, but I am not sure it is a good idea. For one thing, the prices are always inflated, and for another thing, I do not have a credit card. Hence, I can stop daydreaming about reading Demon Witch, sequel to Hellhole, in the Sorcerers of the Nightwing series. Oh, and I checked my book. It was first published in 2002, but the edition I have was published in 2003. Actually, I have found the second book in my school library, but it was in chinese, so naturally, I did not read it. But later on, I regretted it and went back into the library to borrow the book and guess what? I could not find the book. I have went to the library multiple times and I still have not found the book till today. The search is still ongoing but I shall give it up I think. It's not as if I will enjoy the book thoroughly when it is written in chinese. Yeah, I know it's my mother tongue and I take Higher Chinese too, but in my opinion, those are pretty feeble excuses for me to love chinese.
I have decided that this blog entry is long enough, hence I shall stop here. I have still not gotten the hang of ending my blog posts properly, so I shall just say a good bye and end here.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment