Saturday, July 4, 2009

I hate school...

I hate my school, I hate my class, I hate my classmates and I hate the school for not closing down.

Four or five pupils in my school has gotten H1N1 and yet, we are still going to school. Life is hell for me right now. I spent more than $30 on books alone on Monday and Friday at Parkway, Borders, without telling my mother. On Friday, I was in great agony as I silently debated in my head whether to buy book 3 and 4 of the Anne of Green Gables series or to buy Inkdeath, the third book in the Inkheart trilogy (at least I think it is a trilogy). Inkdeath was on offer. It was priced at a mere $19.90 compared to the thirty plus dollars it was selling for at Popular and the offer ends on the 9th of July, which is this coming Thursday. I didn't really see whether the offer was only appiled for Borders' card holders, but I think the offer appiles to everyone. After spending a long, long time thinking, I finally bought book 3 and 4 of the Anne of Green Gables series. I shall try my luck at persuading my parents to go to Parkway this weekend. Maybe I can pester my father to buy Inkdeath for me.

And for the whole of last week, life was a mad rush for me. Every single day was spent trying to complete my holiday homework, trying to read as many library book as possible, and trying to hide my new books from my younger sister and mother. Being the wonderful, multi-tasker I am, I managed everything perfectly expect for the very last item on my list. I had carelessly left my new books on my table under my chinese work book, and Putty, being the usual, awful, peeping and prying snoper she was, had to poke around my table. She always does that, and I always tolerated her behaviour as previously, I had nothing to hide except perhaps for some Pocky sticks I had bought. So, when Putty discovered the books, she picked them up and waved them in front of my face and said somewhat self-rightously "I don't recall you buying these..." as though she expected me to fall at her feet crying and confessing everything about how I had aquired those books before burning everything because it was a sin to keep anything hidden from her. I took a look, and said calmly, "I borrowed them from Wei Qi. Why?" I don't know whether did she swallowed those lies or not, but she placed the books down after examining them closely as though she could see and identify my finger prints on them. Now, I shall have to go through the trouble of discarding the receipts carefully before either my mother or Putty finds out (yes, my mother actually dig out the receipts she finds in our rubbish bin and examine them). Perhaps I can burn or swallow them, but that's too much trouble.

I have blogged enough for today, so I shall stop here. Bye!

No comments: