Sunday, January 30, 2011

To my dearest sister...

Just grow up! Crying won't solve anything. So what if you have tonnes of homework? You can't get them done by locking yourself up in the bathroom and crying your eyes out. You can't get them done by pinning the blame on me too. What? It's my fault??? That's the first I've heard of it. What does the speed of you doing your homework has got to do with me?

Absolutely nothing.

Pur-lease... There's no point in crying. Never heard of the saying "There's no point in crying over spilt milk"? It's not my problem that you're oh-so-sensitive, so fragile and would shatter the moment I breathe on you. Besides, you don't have to get new school shoes urgently. What's wrong with your old ones eh? We bought our school shoes at the same time, and mine is still serviceable. Yes, I admit it's scruffy and no longer pristine white, but hey, they're still wearable. So what if they're not the fashionable type of shoes everyone in your school wear? Just face it. Changing your shoes to fit in with the popular group doesn't automatically entitle you to a membership card to join them. My shoes are definitely not the height of fashion and are too big and bulky to look good even when it was new and yet I still wear them. I don't fit in with my nerdy get-up (I'm the nerdy-nerd, not the fashion-nerd), I'm different, but the difference between me and you is that frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. I don't know about you, but I go to school to study, not take part in a fashion show.

Tears won't solve anything. You think if you cry, someone will be there to comfort you and give you a helping hand? Well, sorry to burst your bubble, let me tell you this. The world is not so kind. Show any sign of weakness and it will consume you. Your tears did nothing but to make the entire family unhappy and annoyed. Mum and dad are blaming me for your unhappiness. Well, not my problem, I did try to help. Last night, you complained to me that you couldn't do the math questions and you rejected my offer to help you. Too bad, too sad, not my fault and none of my business. And as for my words that hurt your delicate heart, they are nothing but the painful truth. If you can't cope, if you can't complete your homework, you should not go out. Because when you start to drown and go under, who would get blamed? Not you, not Yilin, but me. Solely on the basis that we share a room and me being the smartest in the family. That is enough for mummy and daddy dearest to command me to take good care of you, by spoon-feeding you with all the answers and preferably doing all the homework for you. There's such a big difference between you and me. When I get lots of work, I grit my teeth and set upon completing it. There's no whining, and definitely no crying. I may curse and swear, but by jove, I still get everything done by the deadline. All I can say is this. "If you have so much homework, why did you watch more than three hours of crappy Taiwanese variety shows on Friday night?". Sorry to disappoint you my dear parents, but I won't help her. She's on her own. Call me heartless or unfeeling, I don't really care. So just stand back and watch your darling, the baby of the family, stand on her own two feet for the first time. I suppose your heart aches to see the apple of your eye suffer but if you didn't shelter her from birth, this won't have happened. She's a flower grown in a greenhouse who is finally transplanted outside to brave the elements. She may survive, she may not. I don't care either way. Besides, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. A word of advice for poor-little-thing-who-is-constantly-bullied-by second-sister-who-is-an-evil-tyrant. Be strong, or you will never be able to survive in the outside world.

And by the way, stop PMSing every single minute, every single day. I don't have time to deal with your childish tantrums. You're fourteen-going-on-fifteen, so please, just grow up. For the love of god and all things holy, just act your age. Yesterday is a good example. In fact, it's brilliant. From the moment you woke up, you started sulking and complaining about how much your day is spoilt because you had to spend the entire day with me. I was reading the newspaper, so I was definitely non-plussed by her behaviour. What did I d0? Nothing (Duh!)! In fact, I had a marvellous Saturday because you didn't speak to me at all. Thank you for such a priceless gift. I would be so happy if you would do it again.

This post is dedicated to my sister Sin Yee who should be honored since she is the only person in the family to warrant a whole post to herself.

No comments: