Saturday, August 30, 2008

Girl's day out on Teacher's Day

I went out with Sheila, Hui Ting and Chanel on Friday. It was pretty fun, but I cannot reveal the place we went, out of fear lest my parents find out. Let's call the place "x" for the time being.

First, we went walking aimlessly around, and x was kind of empty and deserted due to the fact that it was only 10.50 in the morning no less, and most of the shops aren't even open. x was like a ghost town minus some ghosts and plus more people and modern day shops. Then Sheila started to eat her bread, and the delicious fragrance of it wafted towards us poor starving souls without even a crust to eat, and made us all ravenous. I wasn't hungry at all in the beginning, but then the fragrance was strong enough to weaken even the strongest resolve not feel hungry till 12 noon at least. We dropped by Toys "R" Us before the four of us started to wander around looking for a place to eat. We all argued for a short while about what type of food we wanted to eat (something cheap), where we wanted to eat (not in restaurants) and we ended up choosing to eat fast-food as we naturally, as students, do not have much money on us. We found a board thingy that says where all the food are found at, but we still got lost in the end.

Chanel was the one who saved the day, as she found McDonald's, KFC and Burger King all somewhere out there. As it was a Friday, Chanel could not eat meat (but she could eat fish) due to religious issues, so Burger King was out. We then walked into McDonald's to check out the price, and we found that the food in KFC was much cheaper, so we went to KFC to eat. I ate Shrooms burger meal, Sheila and Hui Ting both ate Zinger, while Chanel ate what we originally thought was an innocent O.R fish fillet burger, until halfway through our meal when she commented how chicken-like the burger tasted. I leaned over and took a look and said that the fillet looked very chicken-like as well. Hui Ting then asked Chanel what she ordered, and Chanel said that she told the auntie that she wanted an O.R burger meal. Hui Ting promptly let drop a bomb shell by telling us that there were BOTH O.R fish fillet burger and chicken burger. Now, you would expect Chanel to get all panicky or something, but all she did was to look pissed and said that if she knew that she was going to eat chicken, she would have ordered a chicken burger instead. We all laughed at that and upon finishing our meal, we placed all our rubbish onto one tray and floated the tiny dishes (we were meant to put chili sauce in it and we did meant to put chili sauce in, or else we would never have taken them and contribute to global warming in the first place, only that we were unable to find the chili sauce and we were too lazy to start a game of Hunt-the-chili) in our half finished drinks. Hui Ting was very considerate and emptied all of the rubbish into the bin, and just my luck, some drops of water splattered onto my hand. I didn't know whether the water was clean or not, and for safety, we all washed our hands. It must be my unlucky day, for when I was drying my hand under the hand dryer, something small, black, not to mention disgusting flew out (along with the hot air I suppose) and landed on my hand. At first, I didn't know what it was, and upon closer inspection, I realized it was a COCKROACH. I immediately flicked it off my hand and it landed in Sheila's basin. I pointed the cockroach out to her, and we spent a delightful few seconds washing the cockroach down the drain amid a swirl of dirty water.

After the cockroach episode, the four of us went to the loo, expect for Hui Ting and we took some pictures of the fishes in the aquariums outside. I then dragged them to the Harris book fair thingy, and there was a 25% discount. I thought I had died and gone to Heaven... We spent some time there, and I had a hard time choosing between James Patterson's 4th of July or Honeymoon. I chose the latter, but Chanel had unearthed another book entitled "The Town That Forgot How to Breathe" by Kenneth J. Harvey and I bought that instead. It's not bad, but I felt as if I was drowning in a sea of confusion when I was reading the first few chapters, and it is a bit too long winded. It was around 12.50 I think, when Sheila, Hui Ting and I decided to go to the movies to watch WALL-E. So we went to buy tickets after wandering around to find the cinema, and the auntie who was serving us didn't offer us student rates for the tickets even though we were wearing school uniforms and cheated us out of the $2 discount. I mean, for God's sake! Isn't it obvious we are students??? Grrrrr... I paid that extra 2 bucks out of the $10 that was meant for my hair-cut. We sent Chanel home (to the escalator actually) as she got to reach home by 3, gave her some rather fuzzy directs about where the exit is before sending her off. The three of us then went to the loo (again) then to the cinema. We argued (again) about whether should we buy snacks or not, wasted a few minutes of our time, and ended up buying nothing... We went into the cinema (Hall 3 to be more precise) early so that we don't have to fumble in the dark to look for our seats, and guess what? the movie started early, and the lights went off as soon as we entered. So, we ended up fumbling in the dark for our seats, which are way back in the cinema, back, back, back, all the way back actually and sat down on row N, seats 1, 2, and 3 respectively. I sat at seat 2, wedged between Sheila and Hui Ting, and there was a grand total of 10-11 people in the cinema, excluding me and my friends, so no one dared to even sneeze, as the silence in the cinema is such that you are able to hear a pin drop if the movie wasn't playing. The movie was good (I'm glad Disney is picking up, I love Disney shows, bar The Incredibles and Finding Nemo, as I practically grew up on them) and I recommend it to everyone. I especially like the part when all the fatties are sliding to the side when the space-ship tilted, and when all the fatties clapped as if they saw Moses parting the Red Sea when they saw the captain of the space-ship, who was also a fatty, take just one step with his fat, pudgy legs that resembles pig trotters. EVA, WALL-E's girlfriend was also funny. When she first landed on Earth, she practically blasted everything in sight that moved or make a sound. I also liked the small clean-up robot who hated anything, to even contain one speck of foreign particle, which is to say, dirt. After the movie, when everyone was practically frozen to death by the air-conditioning, we all broke out of our icy enclosure (why did they make it so cold anyway? We aren't polar bears) and began to find the way to the exit after going to the loo (again). On our first journey to the exit, lead by me, we found a way that leads to nowhere, and we had to find our way back into x. On our second try, we found Harris, the book shop, and we dropped in to ogle at the books (hooray!) and ridiculously marked prices of the book in there (boo hoo...). We then continued on our expedition, found the exit and made our way to the bus stop. We then took our own respective buses back home.

My sis (younger one of course) is nagging at me to "Get on with it!" so I got to stop blogging now. I realized that all my post are ultra-long too. I must stop this annoying habit of spewing out all the details of the things that happened to me, including how many trips to the toilet were made and et cetera. In all, I wasted two bucks on this outing and I got to pay it out of my own pocket, which is a mar on my otherwise perfect outing.

No comments: