As you can see from the title, this blog entry is about me spending money. I am really horrible. I spent $62.60 on books in just three days. Furthermore, that sum of money is dug out of my own pocket. Sob... I am now practically bankrupt.
On the other hand, I managed to complete two sets of books. I am glad to announce that I have finally completed The Black Magician Trilogy much to the delight of my cousin who lives next door (she has been pestering me to borrow or buy the first book for months) and sadly, I have also completed The Twilight Saga much to the surprise of my cousin and friends. I also can't believe that me, the Twilight hater have spent $49.60 on Twilight, New Moon, and Breaking Dawn. And my reason for buying them despite not being a fan is simply because of the fact that I have the third book, Eclipse, along with a nasty habit of mine which is feeling that it is compulsory to have a complete set of books. And why do I have Eclipse in the first place? I shall explain now...
I had the third book ages ago as I needed it in a nasty plot which involves lending it to my cousin ( the one who lives next door) in return for her asking her elder sister to lend me a particular book, The High Lord. In the end, when I got home, I realized in horror that my cousin bought it as well, on the very same day. So, I ended up persuading my sister to buy The High Lord for me as a birthday present.
Sigh... Just thinking about that incident brings tears into my eyes. I am currently mourning the loss of my money that flew away. Although I could have waited for the price of Twilight, New Moon and Breaking Dawn to fall (that's unlikely, but one can always hope), I dare not wait, as to my absolute horror, I realized that the movie edition of the book is out. This means that the cover of the book is plastered all over with the ugly actor's/actress's face, and I feared that if I don't buy the books now, they will soon all be with the horrible movie edition cover and will not be able to match with the third book that I have. So I bought them all in a span of two days (I could not find New Moon on the first day), and out of the three books I bought, two are defected. Twilight was defected as the pages are kind of wavy due to the fact that the pages were not glued properly, and New Moon was defected as one of the corners of the book cover (at the back thankfully) had a crease caused by careless people folding it down. And I didn't spot those defects at first when i bought them as they were wrapped up in plastic thus it was hard to examine the book properly. But still, since I harbour no great love towards those two books, I shall not bother myself by running to two different shopping centres to change those two books.
Now, due to the lack of nothing to say (I could type about the shopping trip with my friends yesterday, but it shall take too long) I shall end my blog entry here and start to read manga.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment