As you can see from the title, my exams are just around the corner, so no more blogging for me till exams are over. I've got to study really hard to be able to get into triple science or at any rate, all seventy and above except for geography which I want to get an eighty for.
I detest studying, I loathe studying, I HATE studying!!!!
I always study not two weeks, or even two days, but the night before the exams. I suppose I better buck up and start to study now, to get good grades. But I always can't focus if I study too early. I would keep thinking that there is plenty of time left, there's no need to study so early, and I will end up rolling around on my bed and building castles in the air, falling asleep halfway through, or I would start to read and listen to music and end up falling asleep. So either way, I will still end up sleeping when I plan to study way before an exam. I guess I should learn to be more focus on what I am doing. Maybe then, I would be able to plunk myself down on my study desk months before my exams and start to memorise everything like crazy for the whole duration I am there and not thinking about how the dust motes float in such interesting ways, nor thinking about how sleeping is good for health and losing weight (not that I am planning to lose weight).
Anyway, there's a Mid-Autumn Festival Performance going on outside my house and the singers can't sing. They should be called "Contributors to Noise Pollution" instead. The singers must be very lowly-paid as they are singing the Malay song "Chan Mali Chan" as "Chan Money Chan". How lovely... And some of them can't even carry a tune. There they are, the Contributors to Noise Pollution, belting out song after song across the huge canal where the bats are flying above and the rubbish floating below and I can still hear them as clear as a bell, their awfully cracked vocals straining to sing that high note or trying to hint how they want a pay rise by singing about money. Now, Chang'er is moaning on the stage, punctuating her moans with yelps. Her loving husband, Hou Yi, is stating about how Chang'er used to stay at home all day and use SK-II to wash her face. The noisy screams and yells on the playground also makes the noise level increase by a few decibels. Now, Chang'er and Hou Yi are singing together (the song is "The moon represents my heart", direct translation from chinese), and Chang'er sang out of tune and Hou Yi is singing in a monotone voice. They have finally stopped singing, but the kids have not stopped yelling. I suppose that the kids organized a yelling match. If I entered, I would get first for sure as my voice can be heard all the way across the canal if I yell real loudly, all thanks to my voice projection classes in school. Now Chang'er and Hou Yi have resumed singing and I am sorely tempted to yell out of the window to tell them to shut up, however, my voice is not strong enough to be heard over the music which is blasting at over 90 decibels (put on ear muffs everyone! Noise at 90 decibels and over can damage your hearing), and I do not want to strain my voice as my chinese oral is on Tuesday. Furthermore, I shall be nice and not deprive the old folks who are enjoying the show a few simple pleasures in life. Apparently, the yelling match is now extended to everyone present they are all are screaming at the top of their voices to welcome the lucky winner of the lucky draw (poor man, this hearing will never be the same again after this night, holes are getting drilled into his ear drums). I don't know why, but I am in a crabby mood today. Just one wrong word from you and I shall bite your head off. Really, I swear it. Nothing about that bloody performance please me. The costumes of the performances are horrible, the singers are singing so badly that a bull frog calling for his mate will sound like a nightingale singing, and the emcee's microphones are too loud.
WAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!! MY EYES!!!!! THEY ARE BURNING UP!!!! From staring at the computer screen for too long I suppose. I have practically stared so hard that two large holes are now currently smoking in the computer's monitor. I must go and study now, so no more blogging till exams are over.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment