Yay! I feel so happy. I've bought three books yesterday at Parkway, Popular, and they were so cheap, at around eight bucks each instead of the usual book prices which are around fourteen bucks per book. The only sad thing is, I have to pay them out of my own pocket, and that I read them all on that very day, leaving me book-less (again) for the holidays. Actually, two of the books were bought by my sister (the younger one) for my birthday, so I only have to pay for one of them.
The books are by Darren Shan, and the titles are Demon Thief, Slawter, and Demon Apocalypse. They are in the Demonata series, and they are second, third, and sixth books respectively. I read the first book in the CCHMS library, and I can't find the forth and fifth book in the book shop. What a pity... I would like to have the whole set, but I guess it is not to be. It's not like I could afford to buy them anyway. The cost of just one book is already burning a hole in my pocket. I also saw a book (well, two books actually) that I really want at Borders. They are The Tamir Triad: The Bone Doll's Twin, Hidden Warrior, and The Oracle's Queen by Lynn Flewelling. I first read them in the National Library, and I like them a whole lot, that's why I am looking for them. Unfortunately, I think those books are pretty old or something, as I can only find them in stores that specialize in selling books, and the prices are inflated, so it's not within my means to buy them at all. The cost of one of those books is a freaking $16+ which is affordable (to my parents), but not when I'm using my own money. Wish I am rich... I can buy all the books I want then. Oh yes, and all the book cases and cupboards too. I'm not going to leave my precious books lying on the floor like garbage.
There are so many books that I really want to buy, and books that I feel that I have to buy. I don't know why, but I have this annoying habit of wanting to have the whole set of books, regardless of whether I like them or not. For example, (this is a real situation that I am currently stuck in) I have this book, Eclipse, it is the third book of a series that are Twilight, New Moon, the one I've got, and Breaking Dawn which have just came out. Even though those books are not my type as they are a romance story, more of a love triangle really, between a vampire, a werewolf, and a human, and I am definitely not a fan of romance unless they are classics such as Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell (it's not bad, you should read it), I still want to have the whole set of books, and why? All because I have one of the stupid books in the series!!! I hate this habit of mine. I always end up wasting my money because of it. The worst situation is when you have the first three books of a series (Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time which have twelve books in all, but the twelfth books have not been released yet) and you don't like them at all due to the fact that it is long-winded. Okay, alright, I admit that that the last time I read it was like what? One or two years ago when I was still a wee small girl, not that small anyway, but definitely still childish, so perhaps it is due to the fact that my poor small brain was not mature enough to cope with the complex and difficult storyline of the book, thus I find it boring, I shall give it another shot after the exams, and who knows, I may find it interesting (not likely though) Sorry, I'm digressing from the topic. Now, back to my woes. I don't like the books and all of them costs me a bomb and that alone sums up my problems. Don't like the book, but feel obliged to buy them, however, no money. Nil, nadda, nothing. Zero. That's my problem.
Anyway, my blog posts are always digressing. For instance, the title of this blog post is "Hooray", and only the first one and a half paragraphs are happy. The rest are all about my money problems, me wallowing in self-pity and lamenting about my lack of money (again). Sigh... If this was a composition, I would have failed without a doubt, with a big red "F" for digressing. I really got to improve my creative writing skills anyway. They weren't any good to begin with and they are even worse now... Anyway, I got to struggle with my math online quizzes now, and grapple with algebra. I wasn't suppose to be blogging anyway, my parents don't like it. They seem to regard it as something evil that fries your brain or something. So arrivederci!
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment